Business mergers and acquisitions can be difficult, complex, and costly. By developing an appropriate approach and engaging the right experts, companies can achieve the highest financial and strategic goals in a successful transaction.
In particular, our attorneys can advise and represent you in the following areas:
- Preparation of the purchase of a company, examination of the legal and tax structure on the seller’s side in order to exclude purchase price-reducing or liability-triggering factors as far as possible before the actual sales process (due diligence).
- Strategic planning of the transaction, e.g. advice on whether an asset deal (sale of assets) or a share deal (sale of shares) is preferable
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating the transaction documents, in particular the company purchase agreement, especially the purchase price provisions
- Tax optimization of company acquisitions or sales
- Conflict avoidance and, if necessary, legal representation in disputes following corporate transactions
- Legal and tax advice and structuring of the subsequent integration processes of the acquired company (Post Merger Integration – PMI)
With regards to joint ventures, we help our clients develop a strategic plan for the prospective joint venture and find the right partners. We also help them determine the desired result, measure progress, and adjust course as needed to bring strategy, value, and goals into alignment for all partners.